One Day Tour
(Duration calculated Kolkata to Kolkata. Approx. 7 hours onboard)
Welcome to the most amazing tour you have ever taken in this part of the world. Your pickup will be from Kolkata, West Bengal at 6:00 AM via an AC vehicle (as opted), arriving at the Godkhali Jetty around 9:00 AM. From there, you will board your Houseboat.
• On-board, you will be greeted with welcome drinks.
• The departure of your Houseboat from the jetty to Sajnekhali will be between 9.00 AM to 9:30 AM.
• Breakfast will be served to you on-board your Houseboat after you have boarded.
• Your Houseboat starts cruising towards Sajnekhali watchtower. Enroute your Houseboat might make a stop at the JalerGhat (Fresh Water Filling Point) at the junction of the channel Durga Doaniya and Gomadi River, for filling-up the fresh water storage tanks of your Houseboat.
• You will reach Sajnekhali Watchtower by 11:30 AM. Here you will visit the Watch Tower, Mangrove Interpretation Centre (Sundarban Information Centre), Crocodile Pond, Turtle Pond, etc. and get a feel of the Sundarban forest as to how it looks from the inside.
• Thereafter your Houseboat will cruise deep into the Forest, sailing through the winding creeks and channels along the way.
• Excitement begins when you cruise amidst the dense Mangrove forest, trying intensely to spot any Royals or other wildlife of this unique delta. Your houseboat will reach the Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower between 1.30 PM – 2 PM. En-route around 12.25 PM, you will be served Lunch.
• There you can spend some quality time touring the one of its kind Mangrove Park observing and identifying the different species of mangroves found in Indian Sundarban. Thereafter you will find yourself deeply engrossed in spotting some wildlife from the Watchtower.
• Once you are back from the Watch Tower, the Houseboat will gradually move out of the forest and start cruising towards Godkhali around 3 PM.
• Your early Evening Tea / Coffee will be ready for you (self-service) around 3.30 PM while you are enjoying the picturesque scenery and sounds of Sundarban.
• Evening snacks will be served to you around 3.45 PM.
• Your Houseboat is scheduled to reach Godkhali between 4.00 PM – 4.30 PM.
• On reaching Godkhali, you will be boarding the AC Vehicles between 4.45 PM – 5.45 PM for your journey back to Kolkata and arriving at your destination drop location between 8:10 PM -8:40 PM.
For best experience visiting the forest